Touring Foodie Chicago
Not only known for its fascinating history, grand architecture, and erratic weather, Chicago offers some great food options including hearty deep dish pizza and tasty Italian Beef sandwiches. To expound on those delicacies, and stress the significance of food in the Windy City, there are several walking tours to indulge your taste buds in, while having fun and getting some exercise as well.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, Chicago Food Planet Tours sponsors walking tours that can be selected based on different communities of the city. You'll choose among the Gold Coast, Chinatown, Bucktown/Wicker Park and Lincoln Park neighborhoods. Each will offer its own special selection of good foods to sample and savor. But this isn't limited to just food sampling, participants will also be provided architectural commentary, historical facts, and city insights, so you walk away full of good food and Chicago expertise. This tour company is rated #1 in Chicago by TripAdvisor, with testimonials from over 2000 reviewers!
Tastebud Tours was motivated by Chicago's iconic tasty foods like delicious and filling Italian Beef sandwiches, Chicago-style hot dogs, and deep-dish pizza. Originating in 2009, this legendary food tour is all about food, history and architecture. The 3-hour walking tours are divided among 5 different segments, each showcasing a different section of the city.
- Taste Chicago Food Tour focuses on downtown and the presence of Hollywood. Shots seen around town in major movies are featured. The best of the best in culinary is sampled; from hearty meat n' potatoes to delectable desserts.
- Flavors of Chicago Food Tour serves the area within the legendary Magnificent Mile region, a part of Chicago that is a major tourist attraction for possibly the best shopping, hotel and dining experiences. Nearby neighborhoods are the Gold Coast and River North which offer unique foods from creative chefs.
- Chicago Underground Food Tour is centered on the Underground Pedway System that services pedestrians so well. You'll eat the famous hot dogs and see the Chicago Cultural Center with its beautiful Tiffany dome.
- Chicago's original World's Fair Tour gives a glimpse of Chicago's illustrious past. It shows the influence Chicago's World Fair has had on American good in general, and showcases some of the city's rich culture.
- Historic Old Town Food Tour focuses on what is considered the city's favorite food joints. Quaint shops and boutiques, artisans, cozy taverns and many treats for the sweet tooth among the group.
Get a feel for Chicago based on the locals and history of the city by joining Tastebud Tours on one of their walking adventures.
Chef Driven Food Tours is quickly gaining popularity among all the walking food tours available in Chicago. They provide insight into Chicago's past by exploring the gangsters and blues singers that were legendary in this town. Among their tour choices are Pilsen, the artsy West Chicago community bustling with Czech and Eastern European culture, and Little Village, also known as the Mexico of the Midwest. Here you will find some of the best Mexican food ever! South Side Tour gives you culturally rich Bronzeville and Hyde Park. This is just a sampling of the many tours offered, and that's excluding one you can customize to suit your taste.
So enjoy Chicago's good food and its rich culture by taking in a food tour!